With Zapier, you can use Verdn to incentivise customer testimonials with impact. For example, you can offer to plant a tree for every text testimonial, or offer to recover ocean-bound plastic for every video testimonials.
Giving impact has the added benefit of becoming a new touchpoint between you and your customers. Each end-customer get their own impact timeline to track updates about their impact over time.
- This article will use Testimonial.to as an example
- Verdn's pricing for a Zapier integration can be found here
Important note: Zapier template
We have created a Zapier template for Testimonial.to, which you can find here
- Creating a Verdn 'Zapier API' account
- Creating a Zapier account
- Setting up a Zap to pledge impact for customer testimonials
1. Create a Verdn 'Zapier API' account
We have written up an article on how to set up a Verdn Zapier API account, which you can read here.
For pricing of our Zapier API account, read here
2. Create a Zapier account
Creating a Zapier account is easy, and it's free to get started. Here is a sign-up link. You only need your name and work email to create an account.
3. Set up a zap that triggers impact for each testimonial
3.1 Start by connecting Testimonial and Verdn via our template
To get started, simply locate our Zapier template and click 'Connect My Apps':
Note: you can also start the process from scratch within Zapier by tapping 'Create Zap'.
3.2 Set up the Testimonial trigger
By using our template, some parts of the trigger may be pre-filled, but please go through each step and ensure all looks correct. Starting with 'App & event', you want to select "New Testimonial".
On the Account section, you need to connect your Testimonial account.
You'll be prompted to input an API key from Testimonial, into Zapier.
To find the API key, navigate to the correct 'Page' within Testimonial, and click on Automation (yellow highlight). Then copy and paste the API key (red highlight) into the Zapier input field:
Once the account is connected, you will have to decide whether the trigger should be a text testimonial or video testimonial. If you want to trigger impact with both, you can select 'All'.
Finally, test that the trigger works. Zapier will find a recent Testimonial from the connected account.
3.2 Set up the Testimonial action
You're now ready to specify exactly what you want to happen for each trigger. To begin, you want to specify exactly which Action you want. With Verdn, you can choose between:
- Planting trees
- Recovering ocean-bound plastic
- Restoring coral reefs
For the account section, you have to connect Zapier with your Verdn Zapier API account (which you created in Step 1), via your Verdn API key. If this is your first setup, press 'Connect a New Account'.
Important note: we recommend always first using a Verdn test API key first, when setting up Zaps. When you are happy with the integration, you must go back into the Zap setup and redo the Account connection, by connecting a new account — this time with a live API key. More info here.
When connecting a new account, you'll be prompted to insert your Verdn API key:
To find your Verdn API, log into your dashboard and navigate to Developer. Toggle "viewing test data" to generate test keys. More info here
One you've connected your account, you have to configure your Action. We recommend a setup like the below:
- Recipient name (required) — use the 'Testimonial Sent by Name'
- Recipient email (required) — use the 'Testimonial Sent by Email'
- Number of trees to plant (required) — Select how many trees to plant (e.g. 1 or 5)
- Send timeline link email (required) — Defaults to true. Change to 'false' if you don't want the customers that leave testimonials to get their impact timelines.
- Reference code (optional) — we recommend leaving this blank. This field is optional, but must be unique per zap, if provided.
- Custom pledge name (optional) — we recommend a name like "Testimonial submitted"
Finally, you should test the whole zap. Once you are happy with the functionality, remember to reconnect the Verdn account with a live API key, and then publish your Zap!
4. Try it yourself, and check out the impact timelines
Once the Zap is live, try leaving a new Testimonial on your own Page. Once submitted, you should receive an email with a link to your very own impact timeline, like below: