You can now calculate your Return on Investment (ROI) with Verdn using our new badge split test feature.
This articles covers:
- how our split test feature calculates ROI
- how to enrol in the split test
- how to see your results
How our split test feature calculates ROI
By enrolling in our split test, you essentially divide your site visitors into two groups: , an A group that is shown the badges, and a B group that isn’t shown the badges.
Our split test monitors how the badge affects buying behaviour of the A and B groups, including the conversion rate and average order size. At the end of the test, we compare the results between the group that saw the badges and the group that didn’t. Assuming the data set is large enough, the observed difference should be attributable purely to the impact of our badges.
How to enrol in the split test
1. Make sure you’re on the Startup, Growth, or Enterprise plan
Our split test feature is available to merchants that are on our Startup, Growth, or Enterprise plans. If you aren’t on any of these plans, here are some steps to upgrade your plan:
- Open the Verdn Shopify app
- Navigate to the Account tab in the side-menu
- Click on the Change Plan button
- Click Start Now on the Startup, Growth, or Enterprise plans
- Set your Monthly Budget Limit, and click the Set Monthly Budget button
- Select your payment method, and click the Approve button
2. Navigate to the Badge Split Test feature
Click on the Customize tab in the side-menu:
Scroll down to the Badge Split Test section and click Activate:
3. Turn the toggle on and click Save
On the left-hand side, ensure the Verdn Badge Setup toggle is turned on. Then, click Save in the upper right:
4. Configure the split test percentage
Drag the slider to alter the proportion of your site visitors that see the badges (100% means that all visitors will see the badges, 0% means that no visitors will see the badges). We recommend a split of 50%. Then, click the Save button:
5. You’re all done!
How to see your results
When your test data becomes statistically significant (i.e. you’ve had enough orders to validate that the difference between the groups isn’t random), we'll generate an ROI report with the test results. This includes an analysis of how many extra conversions we generated for your store, and the increase in average order size – we’ll send this to the email associated with your Shopify store.