For any given impact tier, there are two main components:
- The fee that we pass on to our impact partner
- The margin we keep to provide our service
Verdn keeps between 33% and 20% as margin operating, depending on the impact tier. We take proportionally less margin on higher tiers. For donations to the COVID-19 Solidarity Response Fund, Verdn takes a lower, fixed fee of 7%.
To restore 125cm2 of coral reef, we charge a merchant $0.75
– $0.50 is passed onto our impact partner
– $0.25 (33%) is kept as operating margin
To restore 2,500cm2 of coral reef, we charge a merchant $12.50
– $10.00 is passed onto our impact partner
– $2.50 (20%) is kept as operating margin
When donating $1.07 to the COVID Solidarity Response Fund:
- $1.00 is passed on to United Nations Foundation
-$0.07 is kept as operating margin
Verdn's margin covers our fees to Shopify, payment processing, and operating costs of providing tracking of the impact.