This article is a step-by-step instructional guide for how to onboard with the Verdn app for Shopify. If you have a need for assistance beyond this guide, do not hesitate to get in touch with the Verdn team.
1. Install the Verdn app from the Shopify app store
If you haven't already, the first step is to install the Verdn app. You can find it here
2. Go to 'Apps', and load the app
Inside your store's Shopify dashboard, select 'Apps' from the side-menu, find Verdn in the list of Installed Apps, and click the app's name or icon.
3. Start the onboarding by adding impact to your first product
When you load into the Verdn app for the first time, click the "Choose your first product" button, and then select a product from the modal pop-up.
On the next screen, you decide a) what kind of impact to add to the product you chose, and b) the quantity of impact.
Once you're happy with your selection, press 'Save impact' either in the top or bottom right.
4. Install the badge
At this point you'll be redirected back the Dashboard menu and shown an onboarding checklist.
The next step on this checklist is to install the Verdn badge. The purpose of the Verdn badge is to inform visitors to your product pages, what impact each product has. To do so, a snippet of code needs to be injected into your theme files.
This is the only technical part of the onboarding, and we've created special resources to help merchants who may not have worked with code before:
- You can read a step-by-step guide on installing the badge here
- You can watch a Youtube video walkthrough here
- If you prefer, we will happily install the badge for you, just click the link highlighted below
After you have installed the badge (or requested that we do it for you), click 'I have installed the badge' to continue with the onboarding.
5. Enable customer notifications
The third step of the onboarding checklist is to enable customer notifications. In summary, you must agree that all customers that make an order that contains impact products, gets an email with a link to their tracking dashboard. You set the branding for this email in the Customize menu.
We do not email your customers about anything else than their impact.
6. Choose a plan, and commence a trial
The final part of the onboarding is to set up billing. To do so, start by pressing the 'Enable billing' button on the onboarding checklist.
This will bring you to the 'Choose a Verdn Subscription' page, within the Account menu. Here you can choose between our different subscription plans.
If you have a referral code, remember to add that in here:
On the next page, you are asked to set a budget limit. Every time you sell a product with impact, you will be charged an impact fee. The budget limit sets a cap on those charges within each 30-day period. Either choose the pre-selected recommendation, or another custom monthly limit. In either case, you are only charged for what you sell.
Once you click 'Set budget limit', you are taken to a confirmation screen to start your trial. Congratulations, that' it! You're already to get started.
7. Stuff to do after onboarding
Below are a few suggestions of what to get up to after onboarding:
- Set your branding in the Customize menu. This branding will appear on the emails your customers receive about their impact, as well as their impact dashboards.
- Download assets from our impact partners in the Customize menu. You can also find a link to articles we've written on various topics. Combined, you can use these resources to inform and market to your customers, or update your website.
- Add impact to more products in the Product menu.