What is Verdn
Verdn is Sustainability-as-a-Service software that allows Shopify merchants to effortlessly pledge to environmental causes with sales. Verdn works closely with some of the world's best NGOs and organizations to provide merchants and your customers with high-quality, transparent impact.
- The app is extremely to get started with — the onboarding itself only takes 5 minutes, and we have a step-by-step guide here
- You can find details about our partners and the work they do here
- You can find Verdn's Shopify app here
What can you do with Verdn
1) With Verdn, you can pledge to the environment with sales
- Verdn supports 3 different types of impact (ocean-bound plastic cleanup, tree planting, and coral reef restoration)
- You can add different types of impact to different products. For example, one t-shirt might recover plastic, while another might recover plastic
- You can add impact to products one-by-one, in bulk, or by using Shopify tags
When you sell a product with impact, we charge you for the impact. Your customer is not charged.
2) Your customers can track updates about their positive impact.
Each one of your customers that buy products with impact are given their own Impact Timeline. This page updates over time with more information about the impact of their products — updates such as when and where the impact was carried out, and what organization was involved.
- If they buy more products from you, these are added into the same Impact Timeline
- The Impact Timelines are sent to your customers via email. We send the emails, and they are branded to you
- The Impact Timelines themselves are also branded to your company
This preview shows the Impact Timeline for a hypothetical customer, Jane.
3) The Customer user-journey is unchanged with Verdn
- Customers browse and shop like normal, with no changes to the checkout process
- You decide which products have impact, and what kind — your customers do not select this either pre- or post-purchase
- Your customers are not asked to opt-in for the impact, or asked to pay for it
4) We give you several tools to to help enhance your website
- You can customise 'impact badges' that you can install on your product pages
- You can create 'impact counters' to show your total impact as a brand
- The app gives you access to partner assets, and copy resources, that you can use on web and social media.
An example of a Verdn 'impact badge' on a product page. The badge is fully customizable.
5) We integrate with Loyalty Lion
If you have a loyalty programme through Loyalty Lion, a great way to enhance it is with Verdn. Use our guide to set up sustainable impact rewards that your customers can redeem for points. Rewards are added to your customers Impact Timelines, just like normal products!
What are the costs?
For the full breakdown of costs, please see this article here
In summary, Verdn has a subscription cost, and impact costs.
- The subscription costs is $49/mo, $149/mo, $349/mo or $999/mo depending on your plan
- Impact costs depends on your plan. On our Growth Plan ($349/mo), 1 tree costs $0.22
- We charge a tracking fee per order with impact. On our Growth Plan, this fee is $0.03
As an example, if you are on our Growth Plan and you sell 4000 products per month with 1 kg of ocean-bound plastic cleanup per order:
- Subscription: $349
- Impact costs: 4000 kg of plastic x $0.6 + 4000 orders x $0.03 = $2,520
- Total = $2,869